Message from Colin Greenaway-


The river flow has dropped dramatically over night, and although still quite quick, it is now within the height and flow rate where we are happy to proceed with the race.

The EA website stills shows the Molesey stretch of the river is on Red Boards, We have spoken to Molesey Lock who assure us the stretch is actually on Yellow Boards and the website has yet to be updated.

With no rain forecast for today or tomorrow the situation will only improve into Saturday. The weather is due to be mild at around 10 degrees with an easterly wind of 7-10 mph along with a water temperature of 9 degrees.

I would like to stress: please be on the cautious side and ensure that your crews are comfortable racing in fast river conditions. If you have crews who are not used to a river with a quick flow, and know how to turn and navigate where they will be moving in a steam running at around 3 miles per hour (a slow walking pace) please consider whether they should be racing.

All crews who scratch will be refunded.

Colin Greenaway
Director of Rowing


I am the editor of a rapidly growing blog based around the junior rowing circuit within the UK. From launch in June 2013, the website has experienced vast growth in both its reader count and view count while the article range has expanded. I currently work with a team of 10 people, all of whom voluntarily write articles for the blog. In our first year, I looked to expand from the standard previews and reviews that had gained initial success to building relationships with clubs and conducting interviews. This move proved successful and we are currently exploring new routes to further improve our platform. The blog has led to involvement with Regatta Radio, Rowing & Regatta, Row 360 and British Rowing.